I. Time: Nov. 02, 2007
II. Location: Foguang Hall of Hongzhushan Hotel, Sichuan, China
III. Countries represented by participants:
Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Netherlands, Japan, Russia, USA, China
IV. Representatives participated the Congress:
Austrian Mahjong Federation: Norbert Tschinkel, Martin Mauthner
Bosnia and Herzegovina: Nusreta Mauthner
Mahjong Denmark: Anders Labich, Tina Christensen, Morten Andersen, Henrik Leth
Finland: Johu Pakarinen
French Federation of Mahjong: Stephane Parcolett
German Mahjong League: Frauke Roos
Hungarian Mah-jong Association: Andras Boda
Japan Mahjong League, Japan Mahjong Organizing Committee, Japan Mahjong Museum:
Hideo Okuma, Yukio Mori, Ishimoto Yowuichi
Netherlands Mahjong Bond (Dutch Mahjong Association):
Martin Rep, Anton Kosters
Russian Mahjong Federation: Mark Chizhenok
Mahjong Players Association of America: Tom Sloper, Josephine Lee Moore, Benjamin Boas, Ryan Morris
China Committee for Applying Mahjong as Intangible Culture Heritage, Organizing Committee of China Majiang Open Championship:
Liu Sifeng, Jiang Xuanqi, Gao Yuting, Wang Yingfu
There were also some persons from different Mahjong organizations attended the Congress.
V. Hostess: Zhang Xiaoyan (Vice Secretary-General of Organizing Committee of the First World Mahjong Championship)
Interpreter: Zheng Xujian (Vice Secretary-General of Organizing Committee of China Majiang Open Championship)
Recorder: Hu Mei (Vice Office Manager of Secretariat of the World Mahjong Organization)
VI. Schedule of the Congress:
1, Secretary-General of the World Mahjong Organization (WMO) Jiang Xuanqi presented report about WMO and preparation of the First World Mahjong Championship. He also introduced the Statute of the WMO.
2, Speeches were given to representatives of different Mahjong Organizations
(1) Delegates from different mahjong organizations expressed their thanks to hosts for organizing the First World Mahjong Championship and for excellent organizing works. They said felt honor for attending such event.
(2) President of German Mahjong League and President of European Mahjong Federation Mr. Uwe Martens could not attend the Congress personally by some reasons, he appointed his special representative to attend the Congress and present gifts with WMO logo to President of WMO and Secretary-general of WMO. He also expressed wishes to full success of the Congress.
(3) Delegate from Austria mahjong organization warmly invited all mahjong organizations come to Austria for participating the Third Europe Mahjong Open Championship, which will held in Austria in 2009.
(4) Delegate from Japan mahjong organization Hideo Okuma gave a warm and exciting speech, he also invited all mahjong organizations come to Japan for participating celebration of 100th anniversary of mahjong spreading to Japan .
(5) Representative of Russia Mahjong Federation warmly and highly praised the job made by the Organizing Committee of China Mahjong Open Championship, and expressed his wish of translating “Mahjong Competition Rules” to Russian, and spreading Mahjong culture in Russia.
(6) Representatives from different Mahjong organizations discussed details of the WMO Statute, Contest Committee, Mahjong Pin System and the procedure of participating the WMO. They made constructive and detailed proposals to some items of the Statute where the expressions were not so accurate, and gave their support to Tenets of the WMO Statute.
(7)In name of Europe Mahjong Association, Mr. Martin Rep from Netherlands Mahjong Bond and Ms. Tina Christensen from Mahjong Denmark expressed their willingness to host the Second World Mahjong Championship 2010, they will submit a formal application in three months.
VII. Resolution of the Congress
1, Each member organization that supports the Statute and the tenet may appoint a person to be the member of the Presidium by a writing application to the WMO Secretariat.
(Address: No. 9 Xicui Road, Ruichen Hotel, Suit 9024, Haidian District, Beijing, China. Zip Code: 100036.
Tel: (8610)-68229720. Fax: (8610)-68150235. E-Mail: Chinamajiang@Yahoo.com.cn)
2, Working languages of WMO: Chinese, English, Japanese
3, The Second World Mahjong Championship will be held in 2010, and then it will be held every two years.
4, Any Mahjong organization(s) who want to host the Second World Mahjong Championship should make a detailed proposal. Hosting right will go to organization with better resources. If there is no other candidate-organization makes a proposal, organizing committee of China Majiang Championship will host it in China.
VIII. Hosting Candidate
On behalf of Europe Mahjong Association, Mr. Martin Rep from Netherlands Mahjong Bond and Ms. Tina Christensen from Mahjong Denmark expressed their willingness to host the Second World Mahjong Championship 2010, and promised to submit a formal application in 3 months. They handed a Letter of Intent to Mr. Jiang Xuanqi and had support from Mr. Jiang. WMO will declare arrangements of the Second World Mahjong Championship, World Cup Mahjong Series Championships and internet competitions after discussions with all interested Mahjong organizations.
The Congress closed in atmospheres of spreading Olympic spirit, promoting healthy, scientific and friendly mahjong culture, unity and friendship.
X. Special Notice:
Currently, we've found some people and organizations are using WMO's name and logo illegally and without WMO's authorization, doing some illegal gambling activities in name of “contest mahjong”, we will pay full attentions to them.
World Mahjong Organization